Background Checks Underway!

Well, I faxed off our background check authorizations yesterday morning, and had an e-mail from Fran yesterday afternoon asking for a more detailed list of the cities we'd lived in with dates; it's a good thing we started keeping track of all of that, because between be-bopping around for school and the Marines, that list is LONG! I think she said there's about a 1 week turnaround on those, and we can't start contracts until those come back clear. Then she said to expect a 1-2 week turnaround on contracts.

We're supposed to be chatting hopefully tonight, maybe over the weekend to go over a preliminary "contract questionnaire" to start filling in the blanks and customizing the contract for us.

I've been trying to read up on the Contract board on SMO to get ideas for the things that are important to me, and the wording I want to use.

I asked T & I about my sister coming to the transfer, and they said that would be fine, they understand being on bed rest for 2-3 days alone could feel very isolating, and though they will be at the Transfer and will probably spend some time with me over the following couple days, they will both be working as well and I wouldn't expect them to stay at the hotel with me! I think it will work out really well to have Ruth there, and hopefully be able to bring Kent along too. I will feel better if he's there with me, and I know it will be like a little vacation for him, being able to hang out and watch TV and movies and play games, and maybe go on a day trip with his Aunt.

Anyhow, we're working our way through the process! Hopefully I'll have a better update in a few more days, when I know more! I still haven't heard the final ok on Kenneth's urine culture, but that either means they're not back or they were fine! :)

Comments

Popular Posts