Your pregnancy: 12 weeks

How your baby's growing:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

I think I am feeling baby moving on a slightly more regular basis!! There have been a few bumps that I THOUGHT might be baby, but wasn't sure - but I've been having them a little more regularly - sometimes more then once in a day, other days not at all, but generally all in the same spot. Feels like a little bump from inside! I can't wait 'til baby's a little bigger and I will be SURE I'm feeling him/her!

I peeked in again last night with the doppler and had no trouble at all finding that gorgeous heartbeat - same spot as last time, sort of tucked away on the far left hand side. Baby was moving quite a bit - I picked up a lot of noises that sounded like movement on the doppler which was fun! I had to follow baby around a little. I only listened in for a minute. I have the idea to use the webcam to try to record the sound for my IPs and that way I can aim the webcam at the doppler so they can see the digi read-out too! I'm hoping to try that tonight. I know they would like to have that!

Last night we had the BEST Dinner A'Fare dinner - Vegetable Chow Mein with Potsticker Dumplings. It was DELICIOUS! I will DEFINITELY be getting that again, next time its offered. The noodles came out so good, the sauce was perfect (and I was a little nervous because I'm not a big fan of oyster sauce which it had in it). I loooove Dinner A'Fare! I thawed out another one for tonight - Parmesan Tilapia and Orzo Pasta... mmmm!! I'm thinking about getting some fresh green beans to go with it.

Makes it so easy to "plan" for a dinner that I don't have to do a lot to - just thaw and follow instructions but so much better than a frozen pizza (which I am ashamed to admit to cooking TWICE last week!!)

In any event. Things are going well! I'm feeling pretty good today. My allergies aren't bugging me as much as they were a couple days ago. I had been taking claritin and sudafed the first part of the week, but stayed off of it yesterday and today just have a little bit of congestion left but its manageable.

I am very much looking forward to Friday and then the weekend to relax! I've woken up exhausted the last couple days. I slept funny last night and my shoulders are aching today, hopefully I'll sleep in a better position tonight!

I've also been getting a bunch of mild leg/foot cramps again - I stopped taking my supplements the last few days and BAM, back they come (still taking my prenatals, just got lazy and stopped taking the extra stuff)! Guess I should have learned that lesson by now! Iron, potassium and calcium supplements here I come!

Comments

Popular Posts