Your pregnancy: 32 weeks

How your baby's growing:


By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
We had our 32 week check up at the OB's office yesterday and everything went great! We got to see Dr. Green this time instead of the midwife; I'm glad my IM got to meet him since you never know who will actually be doing the delivery! I still haven't heard back from the hospital on a potential day/time to meet with the different departments and get a quick tour. I need to call them back and touch base. It's just been crazy busy at work and my focus has been elsewhere - but the days have passed quickly!

Dr. Green said everything is great (weight gain, blood pressure, glucose levels from my week of self-monitoring, etc.), baby feels and sounds good - definitely head down and Miss S's big sister "A" got that big-eyed look again when Dr. Green found baby's heartbeat. I asked "A" if that was her baby and she nodded her head yes, so cute! :)

I told my IM my plan to start "walking the baby out" on Halloween night - I figure that's a good night to start trying! We'll be 37w2d at that point, and I know I could have about 3+ weeks to go at that point, but everytime I walk with any sort of intensity I start contracting, and we'll be out walking the neighborhood for an hour or more that night, so I'm pretty sure there will be some contracting going on. What comes of it is up to my body! "L" said that was a great plan! "A's" birthday party is going to be the day before, which is the big thing they would really like to have before Miss S arrives; their girls are going to have very close birthdates! I think "A's" birthday is the 10th, if I remember right; that's why they're having the party early to make sure its not too close to baby's due date.

I'll be glad to hear how big Miss S is at our u/s next month; I think it will give us a better idea of how long we might really have, and hear if my cervix is doing anything or if its still long and closed. That will be our next OB appointment as well, so we have 3 weeks and then our 35 week check up! 32 feels like another milestone week to me for some reason and I think 35 will feel like another one - maybe is just getting to each appointment is another step closer to the "big day"! :)

Comments

Popular Posts