Your pregnancy: 38 weeks

How your baby's growing:


Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
We made it to 38 weeks! I am dying to know how much longer we have to go - every indication is that labor is really and truly not far off at all, but who knows when it will really start! I didn't have many contractions yesterday morning, but by early afternoon they were back at about the 30 minute apart range picking up a little towards evening. I stopped at Scalini's and picked up dinner, deciding to try their "famous" eggplant parmigiana which they say has put many women into labor within 48 hours of eating (http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm). It was delicious, if nothing else, and I have leftovers for tonight! :) I got on my treadmill around 8:00 and while Kenneth played some video games I walked for about an hour and a half again and got some intense and painful contractions that were all pretty much exactly 10 minutes apart the entire time.

We went to bed and I was woken up several times with painful contractions, but from 1:30-3:30 I was really thinking maybe the "real thing" was starting when they were were very painful and consistent, going from 12 minutes to about 9-10 minutes apart while I was awake and paying attention. Eventually they faded though and I fell back asleep for a little while.

This morning I found a little bit of blood tinged mucous for the first time, so I guess that's "new" and progress of some sort! I've had a fair amount of mucous this past week, but this is the first time I've had any bloody show. It was just a little, and darker blood, but still new so exciting! Last delivery I didn't have any bloody show until I was at the hospital, dilated to a 5 or more and within hours of delivering Fiona! We have our OB appointment this afternoon at 3:40 and I'm hopeful for some cervical progress and finding out if they will strip my membranes if everything looks good.

I am so tired after another long and restless night! I'm debating on whether or not to grab a quick nap sometime this morning.

I have a few more things to wrap up at work, so I'm glad I have at least one more day here to finish things up, but overall I am ready and feel like my body is just about ready too!!

Comments

Popular Posts