Christmas is Over!

Can you believe it? Christmas has come and gone... the office is like a ghost town this morning, with pretty much no activity at all so I feel like I am here all by myself! :)

Christmas was just beautiful this year - we stayed home, just the three of us. I woke up at 7:00 and got Kent and Kenneth up and we opened stockings together and then got some sausage balls cooking in the oven while we opened a few presents. We had cocoa, coffee and munched while we opened the rest of our gifts. There were plenty - Kent had piles and got so many new books to read and fun lego sets to build! He was a happy kid!

Kenneth absolutely spoiled me with a gorgeous diamond journey necklace that I have been lusting after for awhile. It is soooo pretty and sparkly! :) I love it! I also got a new pots & pans set that I have been wanting from Kenneth's family - my other set we bought probably 10 years ago for $40 at WalMart or something like that, and with how much I love to cook that poor set has been beaten up pretty bad so I'm thrilled to have a beautiful new set and can't wait to do some stovetop cooking with it! :)

We snacked throughout the afternoon on shrimp cocktail and cheese and crackers and then fixed a very nice Christmas dinner of Honeybaked Ham, corn casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and cranberry jelly. It was delicious! Last night I fixed a batch of homemade rolls and we used the ham to make sandwiches to go with the leftover sides. Yum!

It was really a great day together, and the extra cool thing was that sometime in the late morning "Let It Snow" was playing and Kent looked outside and said "It IS snowing!!" and it didn't stop all day! It stuck, and stayed the whole next day too with  more snow flurries. It was so beautiful and I was so excited to get a white Christmas!! Thankfully even though you can still see the snow all over today, it wasn't enough to stick to the roads so driving was fine but I still get to see and enjoy the beautiful sno all over the ground. I wish I could be home playing with Kent in it today! I am glad he's getting to enjoy it on his break though - and I know he'll get even more snow when he goes to visit his grandparents over this coming weekend in the mountains!

I can't believe we'll be in a whole new year by this Saturday! Less than a week left in 2010... it has been an amazing year... one filled with a lot of ups and downs, triumps and tears. A lot of self-discovery and learning to fall in love with my husband all over again too. A surrogacy pregnancy, from start to finish and hopes for an egg donation sometime in the coming year and maybe my own pregnancy too! Kent continues to come into his own, and embrace who he is and continues to grow, grow, grow! He's already around 5'2" and he just keeps on stretching out! I am planning to get him involved in Football next school year - he definitely has the build for it. Kenneth came back from his second oversees combat tour in February and has finished up another semester of school and already made steps to secure a great job after he graduates in May - just one more semester to go! I love my little family with all my heart and am so glad to have shared this last year with them, even if at times it was hard or scary or painful, those moments have made all the hugs, kisses and laughter that much more special and meaningful. I am so thankful for what I have.

Comments

Popular Posts