Meal Planning April 18th through April 24th

I was surprised how much we actually stuck to last week's meal plan - it rarely works out the way I try to "plan" things around here! I just have to roll with it as things come up! But this time we had pretty much everything and on the day we'd originally planned to have it. For the most part there was just a serving or two of leftovers after most meals, sometimes none at all which helped - since we didn't have a fridge full of leftovers I could cook something new the next night! Hubby had most of the leftovers for lunch during the week (sloppy joes, fajitas and pizza)!

So this week I looked through the recipes I've saved recently and came up with the following!

Monday
Dinner: Buttermilk Soaked Pork Chops, fresh green beans w/ garlic, cornbread

Tuesday
Dinner:  Cuban Sandwiches, baked onions rings, carrot sticks

Wednesday
Dinner: Crispy General Tao’s Chicken, brown rice, steamed Asian veggies

Thursday
Dinner: Leftovers

Friday
Dinner: Lemon-Herbed Chicken with steamed broccoli

Saturday
Breakfast: Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Gilled Brats and buns, baked sweet potato fries, baked apples

Sunday (Easter!)
Breakfast: Chunky Monkey Pancakes, eggs, grapes
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: buffet at Kenneth's grandmother's - not sure what's on the menu this year, it's sort of joint Easter dinner and graduation celebration for Kenneth's youngest sister!

Dessert this week: Tiramisu with homemade ladyfingers (couldn't find them at the store!) and maybe a batch of Cowboy Cookies

I think this looks like a pretty good plan for this week and I can't wait to try some of these recipes out! I've got everything I need for the Tiramisu (except for the ladyfingers, I'll have to make those probably the day before) so hope to make that early in the week (and will subsequently probably be taking most of it to work a couple days later since I know that one doesn't last long without getting soggy - well that is unless hubby LOVES it and inhales it)! Yay for food bloggers giving me lots of great inspiration yet again! :)

I am glad we're at the beginning of a new week and have fingers and toes crossed it will be a productive and somewhat eventful week. I'm praying we get news from Kenneth's spinal surgeon with an update on how things are progressing with the insurance company and maybe even a surgery date by the end of this week (that would be WONDERFUL to have that to plan around) and also having fingers and toes crossed for GOOD news of all my testing results from last week at ACRM. I am hoping we get the great news that everything looked great and we're ready to start talking about a timeline and maybe even working towards a calendar by the end of the week - though I'm not REALLY expecting to hear calendar news until maybe next week. A girl can hope, though! :)

Comments

  1. I'm loving that meal plan! It all sounds yummy:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I love planning out my meals ahead of time and making sure I don't get home and go "crap what am I making tonight?"! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts