Chinese Chicken Salad

I saw this one a little while back on Cook Bake & Decorate and thought it looked delicious! I've always loved the salads that have the chunks of dry ramen noodles in them with the lightly sweet and tangy Asian flavored dressings and thought it would be awesome if I could find one I'd enjoy making at home as well!

 Started with all the ingredients - sesame seeds, lemon pepper, sugar, vinegar, olive oil, coleslaw mix, chicken and cashews.
 My "kitchen assistant" shredding the chicken for me!
 Grabbed a large Tupperware and dumped in the coleslaw mix.
 Chopped up the cashews and added those next.
 Next came the ramen noodles, broken up into chunks.
 Sprinkled on top of the salad ingredients.

 Next came the sesame seeds.
 Once the chicken was shredded, I gave a few good shakes of lemon pepper and stirred that in.

 The chicken was dumped on top.
 In a separate container I added the dressing ingredients, starting with the olive oil.
 Added in the vinegar.
 And the seasoning packet.
 That was whisked together.
 The dressing was poured on top of the salad ingredients.

 Then I put the top on the Tupperware and shook it really good and stirred it as well to evenly combine ingredients.
A bowl full of goodies! I admit, I ruined this recipe by using an outdated package of ramen noodles which stunk because otherwise it was great!! The dressing and crunchy cabbage mix was awesome, but the ramen noodles I used were stale and the flavor of them ruined everything else. I am definitely going to do a "do-over" for this one with a fresh package of ramen because it was really tasty otherwise!

Chinese Chicken Salad recipe slightly modified from Cook Bake & Decorate


For the Salad:
1 16-oz bag of Coleslaw cabbage mix
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
pinch of lemon pepper
1/4 cup diced cashews
1 package of dry Oriental Ramen Noodles (break noodles up into smallish pieces)
2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds

For the Dressing:
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Oriental Ramen seasoning packet

Directions
Cook the chicken then shred. (I've found my favorite way to do this is throw a couple chicken breasts in a crockpot with a little bit of water on high for a couple hours or more - it shreds very easily!) When the chicken is shredded sprinkle it lightly with lemon pepper seasoning.


Next, add cabbage mix, chicken, sesame seeds, cashews and dry ramen noodles together in a large bowl and toss or stir to evenly combine.

In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together thoroughly, then drizzle over the salad and toss. Refrigerate the salad till you are ready to eat it. This salad will last in the fridge for 24-36 hours.

Comments

  1. I might just have to make a version of that!

    I have most of the ingredients on hand!

    A few months ago, I made one called 'Which Came First'...I did a chicken salad with some cooked eggs - some craisins - some celery - some mayo - cracked black pepper - it SO improved with age too as the sweetness of the craisins meshed with the mayo -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yumm! That sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts