Taco Dip

I am part of the AllRecipes Brand Ambassador Program for the next couple months, and we get new challenges and assignments each month during our term. One of this month's assignments was to try out 2 recipes on a list of "faceless" recipes (that don't have pictures uploaded to AllRecipes' site) and this is one of the ones I chose! It is a layered taco dip, and would definitely work well for parties but it also worked really well in burritos alongside some black beans! Those were delicious! The original recipe called for cottage cheese but that sounded a little funky to me, so I subbed sour cream. I also omitted the green onions (don't like them) and the olives (I didn't have any in my pantry - though they would be very good in this)! I halved the recipe and had a good sized pie plate full; the original recipe says it serves 12.

Started with cream cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, lemon juice, taco seasoning and shredded cheddar.
My kiddo helped with the mixing of the sour cream and cream cheese. I realized after the fact this would have been a great "task" for the Kitchen Aid! Getting cream cheese smooth is quite a task!
Next in went the taco seasoning.
Followed by the lemon juice.
Diced up some tomato.
All blended!
Spread in the bottom of a pie plate.
Covered with the tomatoes.

Then some shredded lettuce.
And lastly some shredded cheese!
Very pretty and ready to enjoy!
 Kent really like this as just a dip and also in the burritos. I liked it best in the burritos - but either way I think I would definitely add a layer of salsa over the creamy cheese mixture next time; the cream cheesy mixture is very rich and thick and could use to be cut by the texture and tang of some salsa; I think it would work very well in this! Overall a great dish, works great for a dinner at home or a party dip! Easily adjusted to your taste preferences as well.

Slightly modified from Layered Taco Dip By: Kelly on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients

8-ounces cream cheese, softened
8-ounces sour cream
1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 bunch green onions, chopped (optional)
1/2 (2 ounce) can diced black olives, drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
1-2 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, taco seasoning and lemon juice.


In a pie plate, layer cheese mixture, green onions (if using), black olives, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.
 
Disclosure statement- I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Making Miracles. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Rebekah Hills.


Comments

Popular Posts