16w6d Weekend Recap!

Kent and I had a great weekend! We fit in lots of "fallish" activities and he had fun checking things off on the "Fall Bucket List"! On Saturday I fixed a batch of Cinnabon muffins from a bakery mix I'd picked up at Sam's Club. Kent loved them, but there was a little too much sugar in them for me and it left me kind of sleepy afterwards. I'll have to stick with my whole grain toast or cereal for carbs in the morning to go with my scrambled eggs (which I seem to have about 4 days out of the week lately!)

After breakfast we did a few chores around the house and then packed up a picnic lunch. We took Brutus with us and headed out to the Pumpkin Patch! We found 2 beautiful pumpkins after walking up and down the aisles a couple times. Kent picked a HUGE one. Go figure! :) We loaded those up and got a couple goodies from their fresh fruit and veggies stand as well and then headed back towards home, stopping at our local park for a little meandering and to eat our picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day and we had a good time getting out and enjoying the fresh air. I know Brutus was very excited to get out of the house and backyard and get to do some sniffing in new-to-him places too! :)

We headed home and watched our Netflix movie that had arrived, Marmaduke! It was pretty silly but good for a couple hours of down time on the couch to relax and rest for a little while. That evening we rounded up some goodies and all our fire pit "fixings" and started a little fire! We roasted hot dogs over the flames and when the embers died down to perfect "toasting" coals, we roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. Kent's friend came over and joined us for our little "bon fire" party in the driveway! It got pretty chilly pretty quickly as the sun set so we had sleeping bags to huddle in and stay warm with until we called it "quits" for the night and cleaned up and headed back in.

I think we both slept good that night. We didn't do too much on Sunday, took it easy most of the morning as I definitely needed to rest after all the activity on Saturday. I didn't actually sleep much but I rested a lot on the couch and watched a few of my shows. Around 1:30 we got ready to go again and headed out to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes! I got given a gift certificate to Regal Theaters from my "Secret Sister" from surromomsonline.com (we do a fun gift exchange every so often) and Kent and I decided to go use it that day. It was another gorgeous day and the movie was good and I always enjoy popcorn and some slushie at the theater! :) That was about as much as I could handle for a weekend though and we picked up some take out Chinese on the way home and vegged pretty much the rest of the afternoon. It was really a great weekend though and I am glad Kent had a good time and got to do a few things he was interested in.

We have Caramel Apple making on the list for this coming week/weekend and I'm looking forward to that! :)

Comments

  1. Aww, sounds like you guys had a perfect weekend!! John's Dad was in town so we hung out and went garage saling (probably where I picked up this funk I have caught, lol!) Glad your weekend was good! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts