Peanut Brittle (Microwave)

Continuing the Holiday baking! :) This is a recipe I've used for a couple years now that I love and it has always turned out really well for me (except for the time I tried to double it and it didn't get hot enough so wouldn't set up and the first batch I did this morning which burned dang it!!) I've used peanuts and almonds with it and it's easy, just a few ingredients and super fast! It's addicting too!

This recipe comes from www.northpole.com and can be found here!

Peanut Brittle (Microwave)

Makes 1 pound • From the kitchen of Penny Y.

Ingredients

1 cup peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

  1. Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. This recipe is done completely in a microwave on high power.
  3. Stir the sugar and corn syrup in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
  4. Stir in the peanuts. Cook on high for 3-5 minutes. Add the butter and vanilla and blend well.
  5. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the baking soda and stir until foamy.
  6. Spread the mixture in pan and let cool for 1/2 hour.

Usually I cook at the longer temperature amounts, or at least in the middle but for whatever reason when I did that with my first batch this AM it burned, so I cooked at the bottom range of the cook times and my 2nd batch seems to have come out just fine! It's still setting up and I can't wait to taste test and "make sure"! :)

Also, even though this is SUPER sticky (and you have to work FAST between each step!) clean up is super easy. Just put all the sticky utensils and bowl in the sink, fill with hot water and let it sit for 15 minutes or so and the water will melt all the hard sticky mess completely away (and I let the hot water run over the part that's stuck on the edge of the bowl and then it comes right off as well)!



Comments

  1. YUMMMMMM! Can't to get mine in the mail (hint hint!) LOL!!!! Just kidding, but really that looks SOO good, I think I will try to make it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use cooked peanuts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts