All-American Barbecue Sandwiches


Here is a quick and easy BBQ style sloppy joe recipe that is comforting and satisfying, and perfect alongside a fresh green salad and some corn on the cob. I had some ground beef thawed out in my refrigerator not too long ago and couldn't really make my mind up about what sounded good so I turned to trusty Pinterest. When this recipe popped up I thought we'd give it a try since we love pretty much anything BBQ, and sloppy joes too.


The ingredients are easy to tweak if you like a little more sweet, or a little more savory in your sauce mixture and I thought the amount of sauce was "just right" - not too messy, but the meat is nice and moist thanks to it's BBQ blanket. I like my sandwiches with a slice of American cheese melting over the meat, and sometimes some pickles, but most everyone agreed they don't need anything extra.


Summer might be over, but you can still enjoy a little taste of it without having to leave your kitchen! We served these with some very tasty brioche style buns from Kroger. They are amazing.


All American Barbecue Sandwiches slightly adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cups chopped onions
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
6 - 8 hamburger buns, split

Directions
  1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain off any excess grease (if desired, if there's not too much extra you can leave it).
  2. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat through. Taste test and adjust seasonings if needed.
  3. Serve on buns with a slice of american or cheddar cheese if desired.



Comments

  1. I am drooling here...guess I should go have breakfast. Wish I had some of these leftover in my fridge right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts