Chocolate Chess Pie


This recipe is ridiculous. It's so ridiculous that you should absolutely head to your kitchen and make it immediately. Only if you like super rich, amazingly creamy, slightly crisped chocolate pies though.

We had this after a big dinner last Sunday, and I sent a couple pieces of the leftovers home with our dinner guest and we had a couple left. My son was very disappointed that there wasn't more for him. Then the next night when my sister saw the two remaining pieces she said QUICK we need to eat them before Kent sees there's only two left!! I think it's safe to say everyone liked this one.


I have a couple favorite go to pie crust recipes, but the one I've been using most often lately and the one I used for this lovely pie is linked here - the "Pie Crust IV" which I originally found at AllRecipes. This has pretty much always been a foolproof recipe for me that I can count on.


And do yourself a favor and top it with homemade whipped cream and a drizzle of Salted Bourbon Caramel from Fat Toad Farm (seriously) available at Uncommon Goods. Dreamy... and sugar coma inducing. But mostly dreamy.


Chocolate Chess Pie from Add A Pinch

Ingredients
1¼ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon instant espresso powder
pinch of salt
4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
5 ounces evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
  2. Whisk sugar, cocoa, espresso powder, and salt together. Pour melted and cooled butter along with the evaporated milk into the dry ingredients and beat on high speed. Add vanilla and eggs. With mixer speed set on high speed, blend for 2-3 minutes until filling lightens in color and is well whipped.
  3. Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake for 35-40 minutes. The center of the pie will still be a bit soft. Allow pie to cool on a wire rack for at least an hour (preferably 2) before slicing so it can set completely. The pie will continue to set as it cools.



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts